April 7, 2013

Top Bookish News of The Past Week

Here are all of the top bookish stories, blog posts, pictures, and videos I found this past week. All of the titles are linked up to their respective articles/blog posts. Click away!

ARTICLES

1. 10 Very Costly Typos  These are hilarious. Since I edit items for a newspaper on a daily basis and find crazy typos that I have to correct I found this article hilarious. These are some pretty big typos by some huge companies that cost them all a pretty penny! 

2. New Imprint to Reissue Forgotten YA Literature Lizzie Skurnick Books is set to launch in September. They will be printing old young adult books that they think need to be remembered that are no longer in circulation, including some Lois Duncan. 

3. The Best Book Reviews Money Can Buy This is an old article from the New York Times that I just came across. A story about a book reviewer that only published positive reviews and made a lot of money, until he was shut down. Yikes! Really... this guy makes me mad/sad.

BLOG POSTS

1. Insta-Love: An Insta-Turn Off Writer of Wrongs does it again, writes a very funny and interesting discussion post! Although I'm not a big fan of insta-love I feel like there are a few cases where it works. What do you think?

2. A Month of Bookish Finds My wonderful blogging friend over at Buckling Bookshelves pretty much summed up every awesome bookish news item for the past month. Read this post for bookish awesomeness including a Harry Potter prank and a hilarious video that The Perpetual Page-Turner posted!


Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters Trailer

2 comments:

  1. First of all, those typos are just nuts! And I had no idea the trailer for the next Percy Jackson movie was out! I'm not the biggest fan of middle grades books, but I did enjoy the series as a one-time read. Since I'm not super attached to the books, I really enjoyed the first movie & am definitely looking forward to the second one :)

    And thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Percy Jackson preview played before The Host and I got super excited!

      No problem, I loved your bookish news post this week!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top