1. Never having an actual bookmark on hand when needed. I have used receipts, mail, kleenex, and everything in between to keep my spot in the book I'm reading.
2. There are thousands of books at my local library but the one I really truly wanted to read happens to be checked out when I finally get to the library, but it wasn't earlier in the day when I looked it up on the catalog.
3. When I just started a really good book and I then have to go to work, or a social event, or family gathering that requires my presence and therefore I must stop reading.When I do finally go out my friends like to point out that they are proud of me for stopping to read long enough to hang out with them, and they should be.
4. When all I want to do is stay up late and read but my eyes are fighting me in every single way possible. You know what I'm talking about. The slow pain of trying to keep them open longer than they should be.
5. When co-workers who are also friends and also big readers ask for book recommendations and you freak out that they won't like the books you tell them they MUST read. The pressure!
6. When I NEED to talk to someone about a book I'm reading right that second and no one I know has read it yet!
7. Having too many books to choose from so I can't possibly choose.
8. When one of my book boyfriends is coming to the big screen and they don't live up to how I pictured them in my head.
9. Before goodreads I didn't really track what I was reading.... The worst is when I get excited to read a book and then start reading and realize I had already read it before.
10. Goodreads is almost always open up in a window on my computer, but having to refresh it every time I come back to it to log back in is frustrating.
11. When I get caught stroking the cover of the new book I just bought or received as a gift in front of strangers, or worse in front of family. They never let me live that down.
12. Realizing that my letter from Hogwarts is never coming.... or is it?
13. When I read a cliff-hanger and immediately go online to find out when the next book comes out only to find out the one I just finished has only been out for a month so I have a year long wait ahead of me.
14. Crying in public while reading. Or laughing in public while reading. I've done both and have received funny looks.
15. When I know characters are soul mates and are 100% meant to be together deep down in my heart, in my very soul, but for some reason the author doesn't.
16. The day I looked up how to say all the names in Throne of Glass... I had been pronouncing some of them wrong.
17. When my arm gets tired while reading. Holding up a book for a long period of time with one hand is a good workout at least.
18. Sometimes realizing (and then denying) that I can't possible read all the books.
Share your book nerd problems below!