May 30, 2017

Mini Reviews: Queens of Geek, The Valiant, & These Ruthless Deeds


Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde (March 2017)
Goodreads


Queens of Geek was such a fun read! It was beyond adorable, full of laughs, and had relatable characters. Did I mention it is also a diverse book? For all those fellow geeks out there I suggest you read this one. The setting is a comic con people! I love that this story isn't just about love, but also about friendship, fandoms, and life. It's a quick read that would be perfect for your beach bag this summer.



The Valiant by Lesley Livingston (Feb. 2017)
Goodreads


I was disappointed by The Valiant. I can't even decide if I should really give it a full three stars or two and a half. Why was I disappointed? There simply was not enough gladiator fighting (although the scenes that were in it were pretty awesome), it was predictable, the pacing was off, and the romance was unbelievable and happened too fast. I really wanted to love this one, but I just couldn't look past its short comings. I do know a lot of people that did enjoy this book, but it just wasn't working for me.



These Ruthless Deeds (#2) by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas (March 2017)
Goodreads


I think I may have loved this book even more than the first book, These Vicious Masks. The ending left me in shambles and everything before that was wonderfully intriguing. The main characters are interesting and hilarious. The pacing of the plot was perfect, and my favorite part were all of the powers (new and old) everyone had. This book is perfect for fans of Historical Fiction and/or X-Men. It's a quick read offering many laughs and a few twists and turns along the way.


4 comments:

  1. I'll have to add These Vicious Masks to goodreads! I love the X-men universe, so it sounds right up my alley! Sorry to see you were disappointed by The Valiant. I liked the book, but I didn't love it by any means. Have a great June Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The setting of Queens of Geek being at comic con has me interested. I don't know much about that book before today. I'll have to check it out on Goodreads.
    Too little gladiator fighting? I can see that be disappointing. I would want as much as I could get!
    I'm not a fan of historical fiction but I do love the X-Men. AND it left you in shambles. I'll have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Queens of Geek sounds like such a fun read. I'll definitely be keeping that one in mind for my summer reads. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top